Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Today's meme is Top Ten Authors I'm Thankful For.
Wow this a tough one and it's also my first Top Ten Tuesday! So here goes nothing!
1. Richelle Mead- I am a huge fan of her VA series and it's probably my favorite YA vampire series. I also love Bloodlines. Mead introduced me to a whole new world of vampires and she me inspired me to think outside of the box with her odd and new take on vampires.
2. Sherrilyn Kenyon- Where to start with SK? I love her and she's probably my favorite adult paranormal romance author. I had first picked up her League series and it made me appreciate Sci-Fi romance. I'm not a big Sci-Fi fan but I love the League series. The Dark-Hunter series is one of my favorite series ever! I love Greek mythology and SK's take on vampires is so original and her characters always make me laugh and I feel connected to her characters. Plus the main setting for most DH books are in New Orleans and since I'm from Louisiana I love that!
3. Kerrelyn Sparks- She was my first adult paranormal romance series. I had only thought vamps, werewolves, and faeries existed in YA, but Sparks showed me a new world in her Love At Stake series, which is one of my favorites.
4. Ellen Hopkins- I have a soft spot for Mrs. Hopkins. If you haven't read at least one of her books I suggest you run to your library now and check one out! I first read Crank when I was in the fifth grade and I hadn't known it was such a deep topic at the time, but I loved it. I picked Crank back up a year later for a reread and delved into Glass. I later picked up all of her other books, but I'm sad to say I fell behind and the last published book I read by her was Perfect and I haven't picked up Triangles, Tilt, Collateral, etc. I do plan on going on another Hopkins binge one day though!
5. Lisa Kleypas- I love Lisa Kleypas. She's my favorite historical romance writer. That's saying something since I don't pick up historical often, but I love her Hathaway series! She's my second author that I read that wasn't YA and for that she's has a special place in my heart because she not only introduced me to historical romance, but to a world outside of historical YA.
6. Laini Taylor- She brought me the beautiful book Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Her writing is beautiful, lyrical and her story line is ground breaking. She's not afraid to take chances and be different in her story telling which inspires me to take chances no matter how outrageous they may seem.
7. Gayle Forman- I love, love this lady. I had bought If I Stay expecting some sappy paranormal story, but I got so much more than that. I was introduced to questions I've never thought about and it made me really think about life and the things I take for granted. Her sequel, Where She Went, also made me question choices and their outcomes. Forman has a way of making me question outlooks on life and I love that about her. I can't wait for Just One More Day!
8. Michelle Hodkin- I loved The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. It's a humongous book and I read it in a day. She's a great writer and she writes a story that makes you question if what you're reading is happening or if Mara is really crazy. I still don't know and I cant't wait to get my hands on the sequel, which is hopefully soon.
9. P.C. Cast- Call me crazy, but I love this lady. I think her characters in the HoN series are stupid and should all be killed, but I love her series! It's one of my guilty pleasures and in a way even though I hate the characters I do have soft spots for them too. Which is saying something because I don't know very many authors who create these many mixed emotions in me.
10. Nova Ren Suma- I've only read one book by her, but it was probably one of the best books I've read. She creates a world that I'm not all that sure about and I feel like I was more than in a dream than reading a book. I can't wait to get my hands on her books.
Melissa de la Cruz