Sunday, March 24, 2013


So, if you seen the post about me coming back from Chicago, which was a week ago but I had makeup work galore and for some reason my teachers finally decided to give us work when I was away. I'll give a play by play of where we went and post a few pics. I won't post pictures of my friends though because I just think it's weird and I have a few friends that would get a big head if they found out they were on somewhere on the internet other the Facebook.

DAY 1:
I had to get up at around 1 in the morning on a Wednesday and be there by 2:30 to check in. We started boarding the bus at 3 A.M. I hate charter buses. I was on one for what seemed like months and I have severe motion sickness in charter buses. I was on so much medication it wasn't even funny. At 7 that morning we stopped at a McDonalds in Mississippi. Mississippi is really fancy at least the part we stopped in and the roads weren't bumpy. I never realized this but Louisiana has the bumpiest and the most uncomfortable roads. Then we passed through Tennessee. It was literally like 40 minutes and then were in Arkansas. We stopped and ate lunch. I had Wendy's because I refused to eat McDonalds twice in one day. McDonalds is disgusting and I can't stand the food. I only eat their breakfast foods. More bus ride into Illinois. We stopped somewhere in Illinois at Ryan's. Ryan's is like the Louisiana Golden Coral. We had a Ryan's in my city once it's closed down and I can see why. The food is so gross. We were all grossed out and it was cold and even the ice cream that was in the ice cream maker was frozen. More bus ride. We watched Pitch Perfect and pretty much all the people on color guard in the back of the bus were making commentary throughout the movie. Then we still had another two hours until we reached our hotel. It was 11 when we got to it and it was so fancy. The Embassy Hotel is so nice. I was afraid I would break something.

DAY 2:
We ate breakfast at the hotel at 8:30 and then started boarding the buses at 9:20. We got to the Field Museum an hour later. The Field Museum was actually fun and we got lost in almost every exhibit.
Then we went to Ed Debevic's. Ed Debevic's is my favorite restaurant ever. The waiters are the most amazing thing ever. If you ever been you know what it's like there. If not then you need to go and prepared to be taken aback and scared for your life. It's not letting me upload the pictures I took so I'll post pictures of the places that I find on google. Then we went on a Gangster Tour in our bus. It was pretty cool, but I was hoping for some Godfather like story. A few of them were close but not nearly as dramatic. Then we went to the Hard Rock Cafe. I love the atmosphere there, but my burger was so dry. I've been told that people up north don't put seasoning on their food. It is very true. Then we went to the Blue Man Group and it was absolutely amazing. The coolest show I've ever seen and it was amazing! That concludes Day 2!

DAY 3:
Breakfast at 7:30 and then boarded the bus at 8:30. We went to the Skydeck. A friend of mine and I stayed safely on the ground in the gift shops. It was fun we bought mustache glasses and people weren't taking us seriously even though we were being very serious. Then we went to Giordanos at 11:45. They put their sauce on top of the cheese and seasonings. It looks gross. I ate pasta because I was afraid to eat it. Then we went to the Magnificent Mile which is a mile of all kinds of stores. My friends and I were in the mall for a while and we went to all kinds of stores. I only bought from Claire's and Forever 21 or Forever XXI in Chicago. Then we went across the street to the Hershey's factory/place and it's the most beautiful thing in the world. I had a giant chocolate chip cookie with Hershey's on it and it was the best dessert of my life. Then we were walking around in the rain looking for the Disney store. We went to Macy's and asked someone for directions. One of my friends wanted to know what a Chicago Walgreens was like. It has food you can buy in it like at a gas station  and that's the only difference. We went to the Disney store and it was so cool. I hadn't been in one in forever. We used to have one, but it shut down before I was in the first grade. It's weird that I still remember it so well. This store was different, but it still had that Disney magic to it. We went back to the mall and ate at the food court. I hung out with my friends and then we went downstairs to wait for our buses and I hung out with someone special. ^_^After that we went to the Million Dollar Quartet and it was so cool. My best friend and I were fangirling over the fake Elvis. It was awesome and then more time was spent that person that I really like.

DAY 4:
I tossed and turned all night feeling like I was about to have the worst day ever. I had nausea and felt nervous for some weird reason. I took some Pepto and ate breakfast. We left at 9 for the parade. We stood outside for 2 1/2 hours before we went on in 20 degree weather. This was a bad idea. We had a few kids get the early stages of frostbite and hypothermia. I luckily didn't get that because I was warm and toasty in his arms. Finally we went on at noon and it only lasted 20 minutes. None of us were happy about this. We ate lunch on the bus and changed from our parade uniform to a dressy uniform for that night. We went to the Navy Pier. I hung out with a few friends and we went to all kind of little shops. I binge on candy from a little candy store where you can put the candy you want in bags. Chicago can definitely make some amazing sweets and candy. We decided to stop shopping and went upstairs to see if the little place at the top was open it wasn't. But like almost all the guys in band were sleeping up there along the walls. Funniest thing ever. So we decided to get sit on the other stairs. About two hours or maybe less later security guards came and told us we had to move 'cause they were having an event upstairs. So we went down. I hung out with two girls from the dance team that I became really good friends with and the guy I like and his friends. We eventually went outside and then it was time for our dinner cruise. I ate dinner with him, my friend, and his friend. I didn't even know he was going to eat with me so it was a complete surprise. We ate and then the party started. I told him that he had to dance with me for at least ten seconds before the end of the night he refused. One of the other girls on the guard forced him to dance with her and it was the most jealous I've ever felt. I had to walk away cause I wanted to deck her in the face. The thing that pissed me off was that he looked at me while he was dancing with her and that is such a jerk move to do. I was at our table drinking and he came out of nowhere and pulled me out of my chair and told me I had ten seconds and I better make it count. It was way more than ten seconds and the first time I danced with a guy that wasn't someone in my family. It was pretty much the best night of my life. I find it so I felt so nervous that morning because it turned out to be the best night of my life.

DAY 5:
Our bus had a flat tire at McDonalds. It pushed everything back so we didn't get home until 5. Everyone was ready to punch each other in the face and then past out from exhaustion afterwards.

So that was my trip to Chicago. It was pretty good and I'll always remember it. Here's some pictures from google because mine aren't uploading. I have some on instagram and the link is in my about me section if you want to check them out.
The hotel we stayed in:

Field Museum:

Ed Debevic's:
Gangster Tour:
that man was every where

Hard Rock Cafe:

Blue Man Group: This was how they opened!
Overview of the Mag Mile:

Hershey's Store!

Million Dollar Quarter Poster:

Navy Pier:

I wish my pictures were  working, but these will just have to do. I didn't take any of these I found them all on google images.


  1. OH WOW. You're trip looked so amazing. And super fantastical fun! That hotel looks amazing and you got to see Blue Man? Awesome. You and your friend with mustaches sound so much fun! I feel like that's what something me and my friend would do too! XD

    1. Haha It was so much fun! Chicago has a lot of great things. Yep it was amazing. I took a picture with one of the Blue Man and I have it on phone.

  2. Sounds like your trip was super busy but fun! Love the photos you shared, especially the one of the restaurant. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    1. Thanks Wendy! It was definitely a busy trip, but it helped the experience.:D